Friday, July 18, 2014

Berry Best Things: ROCKABETTY BAGS

For those of you who know me, you are aware of my love of all things vintage, pin-up, and fabulous. I am also a huge fan of one of a kind, unique accessories.
Well, did you know that there was a company out there that combined the best of both? It's called ROCKABETTY BAGS, and they are AHH-MAY-ZING.
ROCKABETTY BAGS is the dream child of the lovely and talented, Katrina Midkiff, from California.
Around age 6, Miss Katrina was on a trip to JC Penny with her mom, when she fell in love with the doll purses like this one.

A fun purse with a cute doll inside? Who WOULDN'T love that?
It's a girl's dream come true right there. As she grew up, she still cherished the memory of that adorable purse, and yearned for something similar, but stylish and functional enough for a classy lady like herself.
So she developed and started ROCKABETTY BAGS. A brand of handbags that combined Katrina's pin-up style, flair for fashion, and whimsy.
I stumbled upon her designs online, and was instantly in love. They just screamed "BUY ME!" and my adoring & wonderful hubs did just that. After chatting with Katrina about what I was looking for, she designed me a doll and bag that bring me endless joy.
Until recently, you had to purchase your ROCKABETTY BAG directly, through Miss Katrina, but as of August this year, they will be available through Hot Topic (in stores and online) and this is a HUGE accomplishment for Katrina. A long and hard road, and something she is incredibly proud of. As she should be.
ROCKABETTY BAGS are easily some of the most beautifully made, unique, and fun purses I have ever seen. As a matter of fact, I'm lucky enough to own TWO of them.


And no matter where I am, I am constantly getting compliments on them. They are a wonderful conversation starter, and I just cannot rave enough about how happy they make me. Each doll was custom designed and handcrafted by Katrina herself, and the love she puts into each one is evident in every single detail. They are more than a purse, they are a statement, and one I am happy to make. I love knowing that I will never see another person with the same bag as me. Nothing compliments a retro inspired outfit quite like this bag, and when you carry one, you are telling the world that you have style, sass, and a sense of humor. Much like the creator herself.



This gorgeous woman is one of my fashion icons, and easily one of the most beautiful, talented, and genuine ladies I've ever met.
She truly puts her heart and soul into whatever she does, and it shows. She is an inspiration, and she is proof that if you have a dream and work hard, anything is possible.
ROCKABETTY BAGS come in a variety of styles and colors, and the dolls are removable, so you can change them up as often as you like. Katrina has created some of the most lovely dolls I've ever seen, from classic pin-up to zombie girls, and everything in between.
Her artistic skills are astounding.

If you haven't already, you MUST follow ROCKABETTY BAGS on Facebook (click here) and Twitter as well (click here) to see all the latest news and designs, and to check out all the fabulous creations Katrina has designed so far. I promise you, you won't be disappointed.

And come August, you need to get your booties into Hot Topic and check out her amazing line, and pick one up for yourself, or for a fabulous lady in your life.






Just look at how much I love mine. If I loved it anymore, I would marry it and have gorgeous, glittery little purse babies with it.

1 comment: