Monday, January 26, 2015

Company Review: Fringe Salon

Since I have a blog, I figured that I may as well use it for something other than my random ramblings from time to time. So I decided to start doing reviews of places and things that I love or hate. 
In this case, it's a love. A really, REALLY big love. 
Today's review is for Fringe Salon in Lennon, Michigan. Check them out HERE on Facebook. 



Ok, so here's the deal... I'm female. Which means I have been through more hair salons and stylists than I can even count. I don't consider myself a difficult customer, and I don't have particularly problematic hair issues. Yet, I've found that often, dealing with hair stylists can be a real pain in the ass. I spent years trying different people, and though I occasionally ended up with a decent result, I wouldn't consider the overall experience successful. I dealt with overpriced services, rude employees, messy salons, and generally unsatisfactory conditions. I knew people who raved about their stylists, and talked about salon visits as though they were mini vacations. I yearned for this experience. But... I had begun to think it was like finding a unicorn. At the end of a rainbow. Being ridden by a leprechaun. 
Until one day, a friend showed up with a fantastic new hair style. She looked amazing. Like most women do, I inquired as to where she had it done. And then I heard the words that changed my life... she said "I go to Fringe."
It was like the clouds parted and baby angels began singing. I had heard this name before. Several times in fact. Many of my friends and acquaintances were regulars to this mystery place. So after talking to another friend (who also was a regular) I decided to make an appointment and try yet another new salon. 
That was over 4 years ago, and I've never looked back. Fringe Salon is my happy place. From the moment I walk in the door, I am overwhelmed with kindness and love. Big smiles, warm hugs, and genuinely happy faces greet you immediately. The entire staff makes you feel like a VIP customer. 
The salon itself has recently undergone a makeover of its own as well. It's welcoming and gorgeous inside, and is always spotless and sparkling. Not only that, but they are continually adding new products and services to keep you looking and feeling your best. Whether you need hair and nail services, or a relaxing massage, they've got you covered. (And gift cards are available as well. *hint, hint* Valentine's Day is right around the corner, people.)
I personally have had my hair done by 3 of the lovely and wonderful stylists there (Stacy, Jody & Trisha) but would feel comfortable letting any one of them touch my head. They are all well trained and very talented. And not only that, they listen. Like REALLY listen. When you tell them what you want, they do their absolute best to give it to you. But they're honest too. So if what you want isn't possible, instead of letting you leave disappointed, they'll take the time to talk to you and work out something that will make you look fabulous. They never hesitate to answer as many questions as I have, and I've never once felt rushed. They'll gladly explain the best products and tools to help you stay looking just as lovely as when you walk out, and even show you the proper techniques necessary to get your do just right every time. 
From the incredibly relaxing hair washing, to the finished style, I've always enjoyed every step of the process, at every visit to Fringe. 
Recently, Trisha (owner and stylist) was looking for volunteers to be models for a hair contest she was entering. Since I needed a new look, and trust her completely, I jumped at the chance. 
It was a blast, and I absolutely LOVE my new look. 


I mean... how FUN is this?? I get compliments everywhere I go, and I can't wait to tell people all about my favorite salon. 
And I have to mention that my makeup in these photos was also done there, by the very talented Jody. So if you've got a big event in your future, I strongly suggest letting her make you look like a super model. 

Left to right: Jody (who did my makeup, but also does hair and nails) Me, Jason (photographer) and Trisha (owner and stylist responsible for my latest AMAZEBALLS look)

Me and the stunning and talented, Miss Trisha. Owner and stylist of Fringe.
Believe me when I say this, you will NEVER be disappointed after a visit to Fringe Salon. Every member of the staff is phenomenal, and they take such pride in what they do. Each client leaves smiling, and if they are anything like me, can't wait to go back. 
So if you live anywhere within a reasonable distance... and you are still looking for your unicorn salon/stylist.... please go give them a try. Men, women, and children are all welcome, and I guarantee one of these talented folks will be a perfect fit for you. Take a minute and click on the link above and check out their Facebook page to see photos and posts of their latest masterpieces. And if you're on Twitter, follow @THack4855Fringe as well. 

And if you have a product or place that you'd like my honest opinion on, please contact me at BerryFavoriteThings@gmail.com and let's do this! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment