Thursday, December 15, 2011

Patience please!

I am new to this blogging thing, so bear with me. Before you know it, this page will be filled with bright, colorful pics and fun ideas. But for now, it's in the VERY early stages. :) I'd like to start by telling you a little about myself. I am 32 years old (yikes), I've been in a long-term, commited relationship with my best friend, Dan, for 13 years. I have an 18 year old "step"son named Zachary and my family means the world to me. I have 5 siblings, 3 loving parents and a zoo of neices and nephews that keep me inspired and entertained.
I love to be creative. For me being creative isn't about painting a masterpiece or being able to write the next great American novel, it's about thinking outside the box. It's about doing things a little differently and trying (and often failing at) new things. If you look at an empty pickle jar and see more than trash, you know what I mean. I see snowglobes and storage containers, candy dishes and piggy banks, candle holders and.... well you get the idea. I love things with history and emotional value, so anytime I can find a new use for an old item, I'm happy. I love bargains and deals and brilliant products that make life easier or more fun.
On this blog, I hope to not just give you ideas, but inspire you to come up with ideas of your own and share them with me as well. I am far from an expert on anything, I just like to learn new things and I'm always trying new stuff. I will share my good ideas and bad ones alike, and hopefully we will learn together. Some things I post here will be my own ideas & some will be ones I have learned from others. (And some I think are my own, but find out later someone else has already done. Lol) I will share tips for the home, organizing tricks, crafts, recipes, party planning ideas, deals and more. If you like my stuff, share it with your friends, pin it (yay pinterest!) and check out my facebook page also. (Same name) If I hear about other great sites, I will happily share them with you, and I hope that you'll do the same.
Well, that's all for now, but be sure to check in often and see what's new. Thanks again for your patience as I learn what the heck I am doing.
Let's get creative today! XOXO --Teena

4 comments:

  1. You've done it again Ms. Teena! Once more I find myself caught up in the whimsey of your creativity and i'm suddenly excited to see what goodies are lurking in the garage that I can make "new" again, and darn-it-all if i'm actually looking forward to organizing a closet! Good luck in your blogging adventures my friend, which reminds me... I should take a lesson from you and touch base with my long lost blog.... I may need more of your whimsey before I tackle that! <3 - Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erin, thank you so much! That means a great deal to me & I can't wait to see your blog. You are incredibly talented and I know it will be amazing! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete