Monday, December 19, 2011

Going Green Gift Wrap!

Run out of wrapping paper at the last minute? Or maybe gift wrap just isn't in your budget. Well here are a few ways to wrap beautiful gifts using things found around your home.
This package was wrapped in paper grocery bags. Cut along the seams and turn inside out. Use stamps or stickers to decorate, or just leave it plain. I wrapped this one with some yarn I had in my craft box and hot glued candy canes on to look like a heart. But you can use string, twine or strips of fabric or paper. Add leaves, twigs, pinecones, nuts or flowers for a nature theme. Is the gift for a golfer? Glue on a golf ball & tee for a personalized theme. Wrap with wire & glue on screws & bolts for the handyman in your life. This isn't just for the holidays, either. Great idea for birthdays, too.

I wrapped this one with aluminum foil. I then took a long piece of wax paper & folded in into a narrow strip and wrapped it around. Then I took more strips of wax paper, stacked them at angles, twisted a piece around the middle, glued it on and cut the ends into points. I used some hot glue (regular glue doesn't like to dry on wax paper) and added some designs, sprinkled them with glitter and that's it. Who knew tin foil & wax paper could look so classy? Gift wrap doesn't have to be expensive to be beautiful. Just use your imagination and get creative! I know you have it in you! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment