Thursday, August 30, 2012

Craft Show

I am wrapping things up for my very first official craft show this weekend. With everything that has happened these past few weeks, I am surprised I even want to go through with it, but strangely, I do. Zachary was so excited for me, and he genuinely loved my crafts, that I feel like I owe it to him to do this.
I know he'll be watching over me and I hope I do him proud. Aside from my son, my crafts are one of the few things that I am truly proud of. Not only do I wholeheartedly enjoy making them, I feel honored when someone chooses to purchase something I made for their home or as a gift. I have never considered myself an artist, but I have always had a tendency towards all things creative. Being able to not only make, but also sell the items I create, gives me a good feeling of accomplishment. One that no other job I've ever had (except being a parent) gives me.
I am dedicating this first show to my son, and I hope that it is a success. Although, I know even if I sell nothing, he would still be proud of me for trying. That's just who he was. It will be strange to do this without him, but I will carry him with me in spirit and in my heart, and I will do my very best to honor his memory.
Thank you, Boy Child, for always supporting (and sometimes helping) my creative side. It always made me happy to know that you thought it was so cool, and would brag about it to people. I will miss having you as my favorite crafting partner... Trips to Hobby Lobby will never be the same. Love you, kid. Wish me luck on Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment