Thursday, April 25, 2013

An Interview With Hank The Gnome

Hank may look just like the Travelocity roaming gnome from the ads, but they are certainly not the same gnome. 
Hank does love to travel, but Hank's adventures take him to more than just tourist traps. 
For those of you who have never met Hank, and for those who just want to learn a little more about him, here is my interview with him. 

Me: Hank, tell me a little about yourself.
Hank: Well, I'm married to my lovely wife, Willow, and we have two gnomies. Our daughter, Narnia Alice and our son, Tolkien. We live in a beautiful home, along with my brother, Hanni, my great uncle Hod and my father-in-law, Papa Birch. We have great neighbors, Mick & Min DisGnome, who we hang out with a lot. My life is fairly simple really. I travel as much as I can, I love to laugh, I have recently started a facebook page to share my adventures (check that out here) and I'm just a happy guy. 
Me: I've heard you've been seen at some rally events. Is this true?
Hank: Yes, it's true. I love cars, and all things car related. I attended my first rally event a few months ago, in South Carolina, and had a great time. So many fun people and so much fun. I'm now an official member of the rally scene.
Me: There is a great deal of fear and hatred for gnomes. How do you deal with that?
Hank: Well... I guess I just try to show people that not all gnomes are underwear and sock thieves, and just because we look a little different, doesn't mean we really are. We may be small, but we have big hearts, and we love people. Now trolls... that's who people should really be afraid of. They are nasty little buggers. 
Me: Why should people be afraid of trolls?
Hank: They are the real thieves. And they live under bridges and beds, and bite your feet when they hang off. Plus they have all that crazy hair that gets all over everything, and that's just unsanitary. Uncivilized beasts. 
Me: I'm sensing some animosity there, so I'm just going to move on. What are your goals for the future? Do you have any travel plans coming up?
Hank: No special travel plans. I just go where life takes me. Live in the moment. I'd like to expand my reach on facebook, maybe move into twitter, see how that goes. My fans are great, and if seeing me out there just living my life changes even one person's attitude about gnomes, or eliminates even a little of the fear, I've done my job. Someday, I'd like to see a gnome in every home. There are so many homeless gnomes out there, just looking for a family to love and a garden to guard. 
Me: Sounds like there's a bit of a philanthropist inside you. 
Hank: (blushes) Well yeah... probably a little. 
Me: Well Hank, that's all the time we have for today, but I am so glad you sat down to speak with us. I think a lot of people have some misconceptions about gnomes, and I think you've made great strides in opening some minds. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and thank you for stopping by. 
Hank: Thank you for having me. I am a big fan of Berry Favorite Things and appreciate you taking the time to get to know me. With your help, I think we can definitely make a difference in people's attitudes towards the gnome community. 


                                                   On the road with Hank the Gnome.

No comments:

Post a Comment