Thursday, May 16, 2013

All Kinds of Crazy...

Confession time: I am crazy. Yup, you read that right. Now I don't mean certifiable or straight jacket worthy. I'm talking, more along the lines of eccentric and a little silly at times. I like to think of myself as colorful, if you will. Let me explain...
If you ever come to our home, you will get a first hand view of some of my craziness. For starters, you will notice there are stuffed animals (very select ones, I might add) as throw pillows on our sofa. A giant Curious George and Hello Kitty make great snuggle buddies. There is also an entire bookcase dedicated to Legos. The bright and colorful little building blocks of happiness. There is a Lego pirate ship, complete with an ocean scene, a house I built over 15 years ago, on my hubs and I's first date, TONS of Lego miniature figurines (mini figs, as they are known to collectors) and a very detailed Lego Volkswagen camper bus. Just to name a few. 
I have a large collection of gnomes, also. And if that isn't "crazy" enough, they each have a name and a back story. Yes, a back story. I mean, how boring is a gnome collection if they don't have some fantastic and hilarious story? Exactly. So you see my point. 
I also have a Pillsbury dough boy as a kitchen mascot, artwork that ranges from nudes to a RAD movie poster, a bright orange living/dining room and a lime green bedroom. Are you getting the idea, here? My home reflects my crazy. Keep in mind, I am happily married, so my home reflects my hubs crazy, also. Plus, he IS with me, so his sanity has always been in question. 
Now, there are all kinds of crazy. There's harmful crazy and harmless crazy. There's funny crazy and "RUN! That bitch is CRAZY!" I fully accept and own my level of crazy. I am capable of functioning in the world, and most people would assume I am relatively normal. 
But people who know me well, know that I am different than others. For starters, I am brutally honest. If you ask me for my opinion, you had better be fully capable of dealing with it. I don't sugar coat, and I rarely hold back. I have been known to bite my tongue on occasion, but I loathe doing so. But some situations call for tact, and I do know how to be a lady. I am also incredibly open minded. I try not to judge people that I don't know, and I expect the same in return. This is not to say that I am not guilty of making assumptions from time to time, but I will admit when I'm wrong (though not readily, and not always out loud) and try to make corrections. I am FAR from perfect. My loved ones will be the first to tell you that. But neither are they, which is why I love them. I prefer my friends to be a little on the crazy side, as well. Though not too crazy, of course. I require my friends to have a healthy sense of humor and a reasonable level of intelligence. Open minded and honest are MAJOR bonuses. I have fantastic friends. I truly do. They have been there for me through A LOT, and still have my back. That's how I know they are crazy, too. And that's why I love them. They accept me for me. 
Everyone is crazy. Some more than others. Some hide theirs and some own it. Some good and some bad. There is truly no such thing as normal. Normal varies based on each person's individual crazy scale. So... how crazy are you???


No comments:

Post a Comment