Thursday, January 31, 2013

Various Other Projects (made recently)

If you haven't noticed yet, I make quite a few different things. I will attempt any craft once. And I am always getting requests for new things, so my projects span a wide range. Here are a few of my latest creations.


This is a tooth fairy door that I made for my nephews. I have 2 fairy doors in my home and they never cease to bring me a smile. I liked the idea of having one just for the tooth fairy though. You can leave your tooth on the little front step and in the morning, she has replaced it with a treat. I made this one bright colors since it was for 2 young boys, but they can be made in any color combo, and used in your home or garden for a touch of whimsy.


These are Beerings. They are the most popular item in my Redneck Chic line. I make them in a huge variety of styles. So much fun to wear and quite the conversation starter.


This guy was made as a Christmas gift for a lady who loves frogs. I've made him before in different colors, and he is just so fun. The glass knobs for hanging towels and such were a slightly different touch and a nice pop of color. 


This is another item from my Functional Wall Art line. It was made for a Wonderland themed nursery. I love all things Alice, so this one was a blast for me to make. 


More functional wall art. This pretty little owl is so sweet, I almost couldn't part with her. But I know she will get lots of love in her new home with a very lovely little lady. 


This I made just for me. I love wreaths & they are so quick and easy to make, so I am always making new ones to liven up my front door. This fun one was made using an old garden stake that my Mother-in-Law found. I repainted it and cut the stake off and it was perfect for a wreath! I have a minor (and well controlled) gnome addiction, so needless to say, I wasn't parting with this fella. 
I love to play with paint, but I am far from an artist. But when a friend of mine's birthday rolled around, I knew I had to make him something special. He is a huge Taylor Swift fan, so I made these using lyrics from some of his favorite songs. I want to make a million of these for myself now. A great way to display quotes, songs and more. 


I was recently asked to paint a wooden sign for a customer, and I was excited to try something new, since I had no experience in that. She was so happy with hers, that I wanted to make more of them. This one was for a family member's up north home. It's hard to tell in the pic, but the wood is white washed and antiqued. I look forward to making more of this. Wood is a wonderful medium to work with.


I have an odd sense of humor, so when I saw these pirate themed wood cut-outs on clearance, I knew I had to use them somehow. I have always found the phrase "poop deck" highly amusing, and thought it would be hilarious in a bathroom. So this little sign has a single hook to hang a towel or whatever you'd like. I'm still waiting for the right person for this though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment